Hosting that party this weekend?
Search no more as this artichoke and lemon dip recipe is all you need – And… maybe a bunch of veggie sticks or tortilla chips!
Anyhow, this dip will certainly be an easy crowd-pleaser. We replaced the parmesan cheese with Greek yogurt for that added creaminess and not to mention, gut benefit.
Don’t get us wrong, though. Artichokes alone are full of inulin, a unique form of fiber that strengthens our gut. But, with the addition of a healthy Greek yogurt, this dip recipe easily becomes a gastrointestinal powerhouse! Oh, did we mention that it can boost our immune system too?
Well, that’s just some of the nutritional benefits of this recipe.
But, even if you’re not hosting that party this weekend, it’s still useful in many ways. Pair up with some veggie sticks and you’ve got some healthy alternative to that popcorn or chips!
I guess, being a couch potato maybe isn’t that bad after all, right?
Still, whether you’re hosting a party, getting on that couch, packing some lunch box for the kids, or just grabbing a quick snack, this artichoke and lemon dip recipe is something that you don’t want to miss making – and eating.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your family will surely love.
Artichoke and Lemon Dip
- 3 ea fresh artichokes medium size
- 3 ea garlic cloves
- 3 1/2 tbsp pine nuts toasted, plus extra
- 1/2 ea lemon, zest and juice
- 3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley reserve a few leaves for garnish
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Purée until fine, then scrape into a bowl. Garnish with the extra pine nuts and reserved parsley leaves to serve.
- For the vegan option, substitute Greek yogurt with almond butter.