Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack or a meal replacement, this Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is the best option. The combination of apples and cinnamon is sure to satisfy your hunger and sweet cravings without feeling guilty. Not to mention that it boasts some weight loss properties too! Oh yes, apples and cinnamon makes a great appetite suppressant and metabolism booster! And, did I also mention that they’re loaded with antioxidants that lower your cholesterol level too?
For only 122 calories per serving, this recipe provides 3 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber that can help you feel fuller for a longer time. So really, the yumminess and chewiness of this cookie is just a bonus!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your family, especially the kids, will surely love! Happy Eating!
Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookie
- 1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp organic or extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp all-natural vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean pulp
- ½ cup agave or raw honey
- 1 cup finely diced Fuji apples
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the first three ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together oil, egg, vanilla, and agave or honey.
- Carefully fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture just until incorporated. Add in the apples and fold until homogenous. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325ºF and prepare a baking sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough into the sheet tray and flatten the top slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes, turning halfway.
- Cool the cookies down on the pan for about 10 minutes before handling.
- For softer and chewier cookies, make sure to finely dice the apples. Otherwise, larger chunks of apples will result in crunchier cookies.
- Fuji apples are sweeter than the other varieties but any red apple will work just well. However, if you prefer a tangier taste, you may substitute green apples for the red ones.
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.