Blenders don’t have to be exclusive for cold beverages. It can also be used in making wonderful soups such as this 15 Minute Tortilla Soup.
This recipe only proves that it’s possible to make a healthy and scrumptious meal, through the use of either a blender or a food processor, in less than 15 minutes. You read that right, folks! You’ll have this amazing tortilla soup that is packed with nutrients and flavors which will make your meal incredibly awesome in no time.
Oh, and did we mention that this recipe can be served chilled too? Indeed! Whether it’s a cold winter night or a hot summer evening, you can enjoy this dish with your family and friends.
Serve it up with some bread or salad on the side and you’ve got a complete meal! You don’t have to prepare a steak or a barbeque to cover up for the meat (although that sounds yummy too). Point is, you only need this 15 Minute Tortilla Soup recipe and you’ll be sure to have a substantial amount of protein as this can provide 17 grams each serving.
Easy, quick, nutritious, protein-rich, and flavorful – what’s not to like?
- 2 cups Fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 ea Large carrot chopped
- 1/2 ea Medium red bell pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 ea Large ripe avocado chopped
- 2-3 sprigs Cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup Celery chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh herbs
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 6 ea Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Onions fresh
- 3 cups Warm water
- 1 3/4 cups Corn kernels
- 1 3/4 cups Cooked black beans
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked chicken breast diced or strips
- 1/8 cup Tortilla Chips
- Additional Cilantro and Avocado for Serving
- Place all the ingredients (except corn, black beans, chicken breast, and tortilla chips) in a large, high-powered blender. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Add in the corn, black beans, and chicken breast. Pulse once or twice to blend, making sure that the soup is chunky.
- Transfer to a medium-size pot and warm over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve the soup with crumbled tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, and avocado on top.
- Replace 50% of warm water with chicken stock or bone broth for that extra umami flavor.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: Don’t use tomatoes and replace avocado with beets or taro.
- This recipe may also be served chilled!