This Three Shades of Green Recipe is one of the most nutritious smoothie recipes on our list because it’s powered by the three most important greens in the world: Spinach, kale, and green tea leaves.
Besides the fact that you can consume more than 100% of vitamins A and K in a single beverage, y’all will also notice how this drink casts its magic when it comes to hydration.
Thus, this smoothie is perfect not only for summer days but also before, during, and after sports or an intense workout. Not to mention that the matcha green tea powder also offers a healthy dose of caffeine without the unhealthy side effects associated with coffee – Another reason to incorporate this smoothie on your diet when you’re about to do HIIT, circuit, or heavy cardio workouts.
Thus, if you’re in search of a lower sugar sports drink that’s healthier and oh so yummy, consider this Three Shades of Green Recipe.
Three Shades of Green
- 1 cup fresh coconut water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh kale stemmed
- ¼ piece ripe avocado
- 2 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup of ice
- Begin by processing the first 4 ingredients in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on low speed for 5 seconds. Then, pulse it on high for another 5 seconds or until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, serve, and enjoy!
- For the Paleo, DASH, and Mediterranean version, simply remove the agave nectar from this recipe.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!