This Citrus-Pineapple Smoothie Recipe is a concoction of our most loved citrus fruits: grapefruit, orange, and pineapple– A guaranteed refreshing and delicious beverage indeed!
Blending them gives a sunset color and citrus taste which can easily transport your senses to a great tropical island experience. Imagine that you’re in paradise enjoying a sip of this smoothie. The cooling taste is pleasantly invigorating! A perfect treat on a hot summer day! Although, the citrus taste (and its health effects) is also great and apt for those cold days.
We also love the Citrus-Pineapple Smoothie Recipe because it’s a sippable, nutrient-packed drink. It’s got vitamins A and C, potassium, trace minerals, and fiber. The addition of Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and coconut flakes bring in awesome flavor and nutritional goodness.
This smoothie is a seasonal changes protector, an immune system booster, great for your digestive system, and a weight loss aid! That’s a wealth of benefits with a wonderful, delightful taste.
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup pineapple chunks fresh-frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ medium navel orange segmented
- ½ medium ruby grapefruit segmented
- Chia seeds as topping, optional, as needed
- Unsweetened coconut flakes as topping, optional, as needed
- Process all the ingredients, except the optional toppings, in a blender, until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, sprinkle with chia seeds and unsweetened coconut flakes, and/or serve, and enjoy!
- For a vegan beverage, simply replace Greek yogurt with an equal amount of almond or coconut yogurt.
- You may also replace vanilla extract with an equal amount of vanilla bean paste or a scraped-out pod of a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean.
- Nutritional information includes ½ teaspoon of chia seeds and ½ teaspoon of coconut flakes.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!