In search of a meal or drink that can help you recuperate from that muscle pain?
Behold! This Orange Protein Smoothie Recipe will give you the best kick of protein that you can ever imagine!
When your muscles are overworked and worn-out, perhaps due to strength training or a day-worth of carrying heavy things, you get acute sore muscles. Right then and there you’ll feel that your body is aching as if you ran for 3-days straight. However, that’s gonna get worse the next day, as soon as you sleep and wake up. Yeah, that DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness is awful – totally!
But, what do you usually do when you feel this soreness and pain?
Do you do another strength training or a light cardio?
Do you sleep it out for another 8 hours or so?
Or, do you eat a lot of comfort foods that are high in carbohydrates and saturated fat? Fast food maybe? Fried chicken and waffles?
While it’s advisable to do another light workout the following day, the last two options are not the best ones. Don’t get me wrong though, sleeping for long hours and eating our favorite comfort foods alleviates the pain right away – there’s no question to these. However, those are just really helpful in our minds, releasing some happy hormones for us to forget the pain and divert our attention to something “happy.”
But, did you know that you can do both?
Indeed, protein helps in muscle tear recovery. But, do you really have to suffer from that bland protein shake now and then?
The answer is NO. As questioned, we can do both with this Orange Protein Smoothie Recipe.
It’s thick and creamy, along with a hint of citrusy goodness that comes from the oranges. It’s only 262 calories and yet, it boasts 32 grams of protein that’ll not only keep you full for a longer time, but it will also recover all your muscle soreness in a few hours – or maybe even minutes.
And by the way, it’ll only take 5 minutes of your time to make 2 servings of this recipe. Enjoy!
Orange Protein Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1 ea orange
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 scoops strawberry or vanilla protein powder
- Peel the orange and combine all the ingredients in a blender. Gently swirl the mixture until the protein powder is covered with liquid.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- You may add a tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds to amp up some fiber.
- If your fruits are frozen, reduce the number of ice cubes. If it’s still too thick, you may add up some water or a little bit more milk.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!