No need to skip your favorite dessert with this Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe. A recreation of a popular treat that’s guaranteed to have healthier ingredients and a delicious taste!
The innate sweetness of carrots, mixed with the velvety cream cheese, folded with a hint of cinnamon, and topped with crushed walnuts makes a carrot cake so heavenly! For the lovers of this dessert, this smoothie recipe is such great news!
Now, for the healthy smoothie version of this cake, cream cheese is replaced with banana and Greek yogurt.
Bananas are full of pectin, which gives the jelly-like stability in jams. It’s also filled with potassium, a very important electrolyte.
Greek yogurt contributes creaminess and a mild tartness– two distinct features of cream cheese. It also gives you healthy probiotics for better digestion and overall gut health.
The combination of these two is a healthy cream substitute for vegans and for those health buffs.
Meanwhile, carrots are good for the eyes as they contain beta carotene– a precursor of vitamin A and fiber. They’re also a well-known weight-loss food.
This Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe is sure to have all these amazing health benefits.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup sliced banana fresh-frozen
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple cubes
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon crushed walnuts for garnish
- Process all the ingredients, except walnuts, in a blender, until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into two glasses, serve, and enjoy!
- If your bananas are not fresh-frozen, you can simply add ½ to 1 cup of ice cubes to make it refreshingly cold.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!