This Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Recipe is best described as a pumpkin pie presented in the sippable form. With this smoothie, your cravings for the pie are satisfied in a flash, sans the length of time for baking and other pertinent preparation procedures.
When autumn hits, the leaves fall and are transformed into their golden and burnt red glorious colors. Pumpkins abound, matching the hues of the season. The wind gets colder and colder. Soon enough, Christmas is in the air. The scenic view is transformed. The time has come for our holiday favorite treats. And, the Christmas season is kinda incomplete without the pumpkin spice! Fortunately, this Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Recipe covers that.
This version is healthier with the use of Greek yogurt and avocado as your cream base, flaxseeds, and maple syrup. All you need is to blend it all up. It’s a great holiday gift to your body as this recipe is nourishing with probiotics, antioxidants, vitamin A, omega 3, and more. Yes! We can enjoy the nostalgic and delectable sweetness of a pumpkin spice pie– totally guilt-free!
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- ½ cup pumpkin purée homemade or freshly-prepared
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ medium avocado pitted, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into two glasses, serve, and enjoy!
- For a vegan beverage, simply replace Greek yogurt with an equal amount of almond or coconut yogurt.
- To make 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée, you’ll need about 7 ounces of pumpkin flesh. Check out this video on how to make this purée quickly from scratch:
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!