This Sweet Fig Supreme Recipe is one of the most creative and unique smoothie recipes that’s yummy, healthy, and weight-loss friendly at the same time. Not to mention that it’s also a great and convenient method to put your overripe figs to good use.
Figs are known for their sweetness that’s why a lot of folks think their high carb content is just sugar. However, figs also provide a good amount of fiber. All those little seeds help absorb fats in our intestines even before our body absorbs them. At the same time, they also clean your intestines, thereby improving your overall digestive health. So yeah, you can think of them as fat and toxin scrubbers in that aspect.
Combine that with another popular weight-loss and high-fiber ingredients, grapefruit and seeds, and you’ll have a smoothie recipe at its supreme function!
So, without further ado, here’s the Sweet Fig Supreme recipe that you’ve all been waiting for.
Sweet Fig Supreme
- 6 large fresh figs stemmed and sliced
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup fresh watermelon segments seedless
- ¼ cup fresh orange segments
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit segments
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon watermelon seeds
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, serve, and enjoy!
- If you are using overripe figs (which is highly recommended by the way), lessen or totally remove the honey in this recipe as the overripe fruit will cover up for its sweetness.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan. modify: Replace orange and grapefruit with apples or pears.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!