No, this is not your typical Piña Colada cocktail recipe that’s made with rum, canned coconut milk, and canned pineapple juice. Rather, it’s a Piñacolada Smoothie Recipe that’s as sweet as the cocktail but with no unnatural or canned ingredients. Thanks to the natural sweetness of pineapples, bananas, and mangoes that are featured in this recipe!
Even better, this version is enriched with protein and fiber that comes from the Greek yogurt, along with some healthy fats that come from the unsweetened almond milk. On top of that, the addition of these two ingredients also improves the texture of this drink for a creamier and scrumptious smoothie!
It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will certainly help in your weight loss journey. And, if you are suffering from stomach issues, it’s also a great way to cure those digestive problems.
After all, this Piñacolada Smoothie Recipe is the perfect gateway to that sweet cocktail.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 2/3 cup pineapples preferably fresh-frozen
- 1/3 cup mangoes fresh-frozen
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh pineapple wedges for garnish
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, serve, and enjoy!
- If the smoothie is too thick, add some almond milk to thin it out. Otherwise, you may thicken it up with some ice, especially when your fruits aren’t frozen.
- It’s good to know that you can always freeze fresh fruits right after you buy them. They’re convenient, and they work best on smoothies like this recipe. For fruits with thick and soft skin such as bananas, it’s best to peel them off prior to freezing so that you won’t have a hard time removing the skin when you’re about to use them.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!