Need to get an antioxidant fix? The Anti-Ox-On Recipe is all you need!
Indeed, antioxidant-rich foods are great for our bodies. It prevents free radicals from causing damage, thereby reducing the risk of many chronic diseases like cancer.
However, that’s not what most people love about antioxidants. Instead, it’s the anti-aging benefits that make it extremely popular among adults. But, did you know that they can also help in weight loss?
Some antioxidants like polyphenols promote weight loss by reducing the caloric intake, breaking down the fat, and increasing the good bacteria in the gut.
Fortunately, the two main ingredients that are featured in this recipe, pomegranate and berries, are packed with polyphenols that act as antioxidants. And even better, we incorporated the three best and yummiest berries in the world: strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries!
So, if you wanna get that antioxidant fix, or perhaps, you’re in search of an antioxidant booster, this Anti-Ox-On Recipe is just what your system needs from time to time.
- 1 cup fresh coconut water preferably cold
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 medium-sized pomegranate peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup strawberries preferably fresh-frozen
- ¼ cup raspberries preferably fresh-frozen
- ¼ cup blueberries preferably fresh-frozen
- ¼ cup orange segments
- ¼ cup carrots peeled and chopped
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, serve, and enjoy!
- If your fruits are not fresh-frozen, you can simply add a cup or two of ice to make it refreshingly cold.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!