If you’re looking for a satisfying, cold, and creamy treat to help you with your weight loss journey, this Strawberry Cinnamon Smoothie Recipe has got it covered.
Strawberries and oranges protect our heart by increasing the HDL or “good” cholesterol while lowering down our LDL or “bad cholesterol” and blood pressure, therefore helping us lose unwanted fats while protecting us from cancer and other chronic diseases. They’re also free from sodium, fat, and cholesterol, making it a low-calorie and healthy choice. Speaking of healthy choice, strawberries and oranges are also loaded with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants that reduce inflammation and improves digestion. Not to mention that they’re good for the skin too!
Cinnamon, on the other hand, is also noted for its weight loss properties. It boosts your metabolism, which lowers cholesterol and removes visceral fat – the one that surrounds your vital organs.
Combine these three, along with Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and protein powder and you’ve got a powerhouse that helps in your weight and fat loss journey!
For 250 calories, you’ll get 33 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, along with considerable amounts of potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. That’s enough to make you feel full for a few hours!
The best part is, you can make two servings in 5 minutes! Now, let’s get blending!
Strawberry Cinnamon Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange segments
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish with some fresh strawberry slices if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one and double the amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!