This Mint and Watermelon Smoothie Recipe will not just help you on your weight loss journey, but it’ll also quench your thirst in no time!
While we all know how protein helps in fat or weight loss, this version has an added reward feeling to it. It’s sweet, creamy, and refreshing that you won’t even think it’s a weight loss drink.
For 208 calories, you’ll get 22 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber, along with excellent amounts of vitamin A and potassium. On top of that, it also provides a good amount of vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
And while this version still has sugar, it’s mostly fructose that naturally comes from the watermelons. Thus, this recipe is best to be consumed 1 to 2 hours before a circuit training or a long cardio workout. Oh, you’ll be surprised how much energy and endurance you’ve got by then.
So, whether you’re trying to beat that summer day or you’re preparing to sweat in the next couple of hours, this Mind and Watermelon Smoothie Recipe helps!
Mint and Watermelon Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint washed, pat-dried
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons strawberry or vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
- You may add a teaspoon or two of a liquid no-calorie sweetener to sweeten this smoothie.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!