Looking for a healthy dessert substitute?
Search no more as this Key Lime Pie Protein Shake Recipe is most likely the healthiest alternative to one of our favorite desserts!
Indeed, key lime pies are terrific! It’s creamy, citrusy, sweet, and tart. However, they’re loaded with calories and sugar that can ruin our diet in a snap. Not to mention that they don’t provide as much protein and nutrients that our body needs.
Thus, we’ve come up with an amazing recipe that is surely delectable and nutritious. For under 120 calories, you’ll get 14 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber, along with excellent amounts of vitamin A, calcium, and potassium, among the others.
Yet, it has that perfect sweet-to-pucker ratio to satisfy your sweet and sour tooth. It’s bright, refreshing, and irresistible!
And the best part is, you can make 2 servings of this recipe in just 10 minutes! Enjoy!
Key Lime Pie Protein Shake [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener i.e. agave nectar or honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Wash and pat dry the spinach.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!