Among all the salsa recipes that we’ve tried so far, this is indeed, the Best Blender Salsa Recipe!
If you’re curious about what makes the “best” salsa, you’re on the right page.
It’s not about the flavorings that we add, nor the time it takes to make this recipe. Because, that’s just a bonus! This recipe only takes literally five minutes to make and that even includes the time to gather all your ingredients and prepare them.
But, it’s the tomatoes that make it “the best!” While using canned tomatoes can be more convenient, it’s not really that worth it. And clearly, using a garden grown, ripe, and fresh tomatoes is the most important key here. These tomatoes will provide the best flavor and nutrition compared to the canned ones.
Thus, when you stop by the farmers’ market, be sure to grab some fresh tomatoes, especially during May through October when they’re typically in season.
When you get home, rinse the tomatoes and follow this recipe. If you’re not in the mood for salsa though, you can absolutely refrigerate or freeze them for later use. Or, turn them into fancy little gifts!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe that you should never miss:
BEST BLENDER SALSA (5 MINUTES!)
- 3 cups garden-fresh tomatoes seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 ea small red onion coarsely chopped
- 2 ea jalapenos seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 ea garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 ea juice of one lime
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Blend until the salsa is as chunky or smooth as you prefer. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Pour into a mason jar and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- You can pair salsa pretty much on everything: steaks, chicken, seafood, baked potato, eggs, tacos, and more. Or, you can toss them along with a garden-fresh salad, then top them with grilled chicken breast and grated cheese.
- Not in the mood for salsa? You may choose to store them in the fridge for about 5 days or in the freezer for about 2 months.
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section down below! We look forward to hearing from you!