It’s that time of the year again! The holiday we all look forward to, Thanksgiving! It’s time to feast and celebrate with our friends and loved ones! However, we get so busy and having easy and simple recipes never hurts. This pecan pie recipe is the perfect dessert to serve after a heavy meal. This pecan pie is so delicious, your guests will never forget it. It’s also healthy but still suitable for those who have a sweet tooth. This pie is also a classic and it makes the perfect addition to your dessert table. So, get ready to impress your guests!
Coconut and Pecan Pie Recipe
Ingredients for pie crust:
Ingredients for the pie filling:
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup honey raw
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk of your choice. I use almond milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil liquid form
- 3 tablespoons wholewheat flour
Method for crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400° degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and sugar.
- Place it in a food processor or mix it all together well.
- Now add in the wet ingredients: water and coconut oil.
- Process and mix all the ingredients together. All your ingredients should be mixed well and your mixture should not be sticky!
- Now, separate your dough into 2 balls and place it in the refrigerator for around 15-20 minutes.
- Flour your surface properly and then start to roll out your dough to fit your pie pan.
- Place your pie crust into your pan.
- Keep it aside and prepare your filling.
Method for pie filling:
- Combine all the ingredients except for the pecans.
- Spend a few minutes mixing all the ingredients together so that they’re well combined.
- Spread the pecans onto the pie dough.
- Now, pour the mixture over the pecans and gently mix and spread it into the pie crust.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
- Please do keep an eye on it so that your pie doesn’t burn!