Vegan Red Lentil Mediterranean Soup
Super easy and incredibly delicious, this healthy red lentil soup is seasoned with Mediterranean spices! Vegan, Gluten-free, Mediterranean, and DASH. Perfect for meal planning. Rainbow colors:
Servings 4 servings
- Instant Pot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounce tomatoes diced, canned is OK
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste
- Harissa paste to taste (optional). You can buy it here or make it following these instructions.
- cilantro or parsley Fresh, chopped, as needed
- Press the “sauté” button on your Instant Pot and add the oil.
- Let oil heat up (~1 minute), then add the onion. Cook the onion for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, cumin and coriander, and sauté for another minute, until the garlic becomes very fragrant. Press the “cancel” button.
- Stir in the lentils, broth, and tomatoes.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to the “sealing” position. Press the “pressure cook” or “manual” button and set the pressure to high. Set the soup to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the soup has finished cooking, carefully move the valve to the “venting” position. Let the pressure release completely.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Stir in the lemon juice and harissa (if using). Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parsley and/or cilantro.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 953mg | Potassium: 973mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1374IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 7mg