The Breakfast Blend
- 2 ea apples cored and chopped
- 2 ea carrots chopped
- 2 ea lemons quartered
- 2 ea beets peeled and chopped
- 1 tap ginger
- Wash all the ingredients in running water.
- Core and peel the apples if you don't want the skin (I prefer to leave the peel on). Then, peel the carrots and lemons. Lastly, peel and chop the beets.
- Place all the ingredients into a juicer. Depending on the strength of the machine, you might need to add them a few at a time.
- Add water if needed. Serve and Enjoy!
- While it’s okay to juice beets with their skin on, it can give a dirt-like, earthy taste that’s quite unpalatable, especially if you’re just starting out on a juice diet. Beets are hard to peel though, but it’s totally worth the taste when they’re processed skin-off.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. Since beets are hard to cut, they might not work well with a regular blender. But, if you have access to a high-powered one, all you’ve got to do is place the prepped ingredients in the blender and pulse. Depending on the strength of your blender, you may need to chop your ingredients into the smallest pieces and add them one at a time, while adding water to lessen viscosity. Plus, you will probably want to strain the blend before drinking it to make the texture more pleasant. Nevertheless, here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.