Holiday Feast is not called as such for no reason. Hence, it’s really okay to have more than one scene-stealer on the table. If turkey and ham seems not enough, this exquisite Lamb Chops in Pomegranate Sauce Recipe makes an unforgettable, decadent entrée.
The intimidating name might give you an impression that it’s a luxurious, fine dish, which could mean ‘elaborate.’ But, you’d be surprised that our Lamb Chops in Pomegranate Sauce Recipe takes less than an hour to make; And, to be exact, 25 minutes!
Lamb chops are a breeze to cook as they are leaner, tender, and the marbled fat rendered upon roasting bastes itself. The robust, savory flavor of this lamb meat is accentuated by the rustic flavors of the rosemary herb, garlic, and of course, the humble salt and pepper. No wonder that this dish is loved by many!
The healthy, awesome pomegranate sauce gives this dish a balance of savory, sweet, and tang. In fact, it’s a more interesting replacement for the usual mint jelly. Pomegranates are a wonderful and nutritious fruit too! They are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, which have a long list of health benefits. They are even lauded for their medicinal properties since time immemorable.
With protein and iron from the meat, it makes it a nutritious wholesome dish. And we repeat, this Lamb Chops in Pomegranate Sauce bursts with deliciousness! So, without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your family will surely love.
Lamb Chops in Pomegranate Sauce
- Baking Sheet
For the Lamb Chops:
- 2 Racks of lamb cut individually (16 chops)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Crispy Shallots:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
For the Pomegranate Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate juice see notes
- 2 teaspoons of pomegranates for garnish
- Season the lamb chops with EVOO, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place in a baking sheet and broil at a high temperature for about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat up a tablespoon of EVOO in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until they’re brown or caramelized. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, combine the pomegranate sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Then, simmer over low heat until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Lay the lamb chops nicely on a serving dish and add a spoonful of sauce on top of each one. Sprinkle with crispy shallots, fresh pomegranates, and/or fresh rosemary leaves. Serve and enjoy!
- To make 1 cup of pomegranate juice, simply blend about 2 cups of pomegranate seeds in a blender or food processor.
Did you make this recipe? Share with us your experience through the comments section down below.