Lamb Chops in Pomegranate Sauce
A lovely and decadent meal that can be done in less than half an hour! It’s simple, easy to make, flavorful, and nutritious. It features a perfect balance of savory, sweet, and tang, making it great to be served during holidays and special occasions.
Servings 8 servings
For the Lamb Chops:
- 2 Racks of lamb cut individually (16 chops)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Crispy Shallots:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
For the Pomegranate Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate juice see notes
- 2 teaspoons of pomegranates for garnish
Season the lamb chops with EVOO, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place in a baking sheet and broil at a high temperature for about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, heat up a tablespoon of EVOO in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until they’re brown or caramelized. Set aside.
In another saucepan, combine the pomegranate sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Then, simmer over low heat until the sauce is reduced by half.
Lay the lamb chops nicely on a serving dish and add a spoonful of sauce on top of each one. Sprinkle with crispy shallots, fresh pomegranates, and/or fresh rosemary leaves. Serve and enjoy!
- To make 1 cup of pomegranate juice, simply blend about 2 cups of pomegranate seeds in a blender or food processor.
Serving: 2pieces | Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 4mg