Asian bun bowls are hearty, filling dishes made of various greens, raw or roasted veggies, beans a healthy grain like quinoa or brown rice, and meat (optional) . They have high nutritional value and can be adapted to any of your needs, depending on allergens. Sometimes they also include toppings like nuts, seeds, and dressings for added texture and flavor. Today our gluten-free, kosher Asian recipe is from Vietnamese cuisine called vegetable and chicken noodle bowl.
Vietnamese Gluten Free, Kosher Noodle Bowl Recipe
- 2-3 chicken breasts grilled I use this recipe for marinade then grilled
- 1 cup kale, lettuce, arugula leaves
- 2 Green onions chopped
- 1 each plain daikon and carrot sliced
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- Thai basil
- Mung bean sprouts
- Brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- unrefined salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chopped green onion
- optional 1/4 tsp sliced green chili for extra heat
- Marinade and grill chicken.
- Boil water and cook brown rice noodles according to package.
- Cut up ingredients.
- Layer ingredients in a bowl, the proportions are up to you! I like half noodles, half green and extra pickled veggies.
- Make dressing: combine water and sugar in a bowl.
- Add fish sauce and lime in increments until the flavor is to your liking.
- Finally add garlic and whisk.
- Drizzle sauce over bowl and enjoy!
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Make your own pickled vegetables