Healthy Greek Chicken Bowl
Delicious Greek chicken bowls with whole grains, a cucumber salad, and homemade tzatziki. Easy, healthy, and Mediterranean! Gluten-free, Nut-Free, Keto, Paleo, and Whole30.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp garlic powder divided
- 2½ tsp salt divided
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dill (minced fresh dill, dried dill weed, or dill paste all work fine)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 4- 4oz. portions
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup dried farro or other whole grain like quinoa or brown rice. If you are on a low-carb diet, then cauliflower rice or hemp hearts might work for you.
- ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ red onion diced
- 15-20 pitted & halved black olives chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Tzatziki: Grate cucumber and transfer to a fine mesh strainer. Using several paper towels, squeeze all the extra water out of the cucumber. Combine shredded cucumber to a medium bowl with the greek yogurt. Add garlic powder, salt, extra virgin olive oil, white vinegar, and dill. Stir, and cover in the fridge until ready to use.
- Seasoning: combine salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, corn starch, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Farro: Cook your farro or other whole grain according to package directions while baking your chicken.
- Bake Chicken: Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking oil. Place 4 chicken breast portions on the baking sheet and coat evenly with the greek seasoning. Spray again with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Greek salad: dice the other half of the cucumber, quarter the cherry tomatoes, dice your red onion, and chop the olives. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Season the salad with salt, some freshly cracked black pepper, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and the juice of one lemon. Stir.
- Portion everything evenly among 4 food containers, (or plates if you want to eat it now!)
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1779mg | Potassium: 994mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 4mg