Your regular smoothies might not be filling you up enough so this Beet Smoothie Bowl recipe is something new to add to your breakfast choices.
This vegetable isn’t necessarily your typical smoothie ingredient but it’s beneficial to your health. Incorporating beet into your diet will boost your endurance and eye health. It also reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, and dementia.
The sweet and sour flavor of the cherries and the tartness of the raspberries are the perfect complements to the earthy taste of beets. It doesn’t hurt that the smoothie bowls look amazing too. This Beet Smoothie Bowl is something to look forward to for breakfast.
We suggest adding bananas and/or zucchini for more sweetness and nutrition. Get creative with the toppings too! Use strawberries, coconut flakes, granola, nut butter, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. This smoothie requires a spoon and a bowl which kinda makes it more solid and satisfyingly substantial.
Grab your spoons and start eating this versatile meal!
Beet Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup beets steamed or raw
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 4 ice cubes
- 6 ounces water
- 1/4 cup dragonfruit
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Add any toppings you like. I've listed some good options (not included in nutritional calc).
- If you’re not doing a liver cleanse, you may choose to mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder into your blend. Likewise, you may also include 1/4 cup granola, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and a tablespoon of hemp seeds into your toppings.
Show off your yummy-looking bowls and tag us on Instagram.