Beet Smoothie Bowl
Simple, delicious, versatile… there is much to love in a smoothie bowl. As a bowl, you can add toppings and eat it with a spoon. Or, blend your toppings into the mix and drink it all as a smoothie. Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, and kid-friendly. Beets are not keto friendly, but work fine with Whole30 and Atkins once you are past the initial phases of those diets. On the phytonutrient spectrum it is red. Loaded with antioxidants and superfoods.
Servings 1 serving
- 1 cup beets steamed or raw
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 4 ice cubes
- 6 ounces water
- 1/4 cup dragonfruit
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Add any toppings you like. I've listed some good options (not included in nutritional calc).
- If you’re not doing a liver cleanse, you may choose to mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder into your blend. Likewise, you may also include 1/4 cup granola, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, and a tablespoon of hemp seeds into your toppings.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 814mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 104mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg