This Gluten-free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for snacking. Or perhaps, it could be part of your delicious breakfast!
These cookies with dark chocolate are rich in flavor. And, when it comes to smell, they’re so irresistible that you’ll have a hard time staying with just one cookie.
Oats are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant compounds. In fact, half-a-cup of dry oats can provide 20% of the daily recommended intake of all the important nutrients. Not to mention that they’re also a natural blood sugar reducer, efficiently helping the blood insulin level. Likewise, these grains are rich in fiber, including the powerful beta-glucan, which is proven to lower the effects of bad cholesterol (LDL) without changing the good ones (HDL).
However, it’s good to know that eating whole grains of oats rather than oat flakes has been found to be more beneficial to our health as the industrial process, such as with flakes, reduces the nutritional composition of oats.
Nonetheless, you and your kids will surely love these cookies. Dip it in or serve it with a glass of almond milk on the side and you’re bound for a delightful experience.
Gluten-free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour We use this gluten-free flour. If you are looking for a paleo-friendly flour, then substitute for this one, which is also gluten-free.
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats We use this gluten-free option.
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed date sugar Can substitute with brown sugar.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Optionally, add pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until blended. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined, then add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Portion onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 tablespoon per cookie, leaving 2 inches gap between each one. Bake until the edges are golden-brown for about 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!