We’re all guilty of skipping lunch for not having the energy nor the time to make it. You don’t have to suffer anymore! The Italian Chicken Wrap recipe is one of the quickest meals to assemble.
You can enjoy a light, delicious and healthy lunch by sparing only 15 minutes of your time. Plus, this is another way to use leftover chicken in the fridge. You might see a lot of these Italian Chicken wraps in cafes or restaurants but isn’t it better to know what you’re actually putting inside your body? And more practical too when you just make your own? This recipe is not complicated to put together.
Try this recipe and share your experience!
Italian Chicken Wrap
Flat Bread or Tortilla
- 1 lavash flatbread (or) can substitute extra large tortilla
- gluten-free teff tortilla we prefer this one
- 2 tablespoons roasted Pepper bruschetta Buy jar at store like this one (it's too expensive online) or make ahead of time using a recipe like this one.
- 1 chicken breast cooked , about 3 ounces, some like to slice it
- 5-8 leaves arugula or spinach
- 3-4 thin slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons artichoke bruschetta Buy jar at store like this one (it's too expensive online) or make ahead of time with a recipe like this one.
- 10 kalamata olives sliced, or black olives
- 2 slices red onion
- Lay the tortilla or flatbread on a flat surface.
- Starting on the edge closest to you, layer a stripe of red pepper bruschetta mix about 1/2 inch inside the outer edge, then some chicken slightly overlapping the bruschetta, then some arugula, and some tomatoes. Spread some artichoke bruschetta mix on top and place olives and sliced red onion on top.
- Carefully roll the tortilla.
- Slice the wrap into the portion sizes desired and serve.
- Make the day before or refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- Times assume chicken was pre-cooked.
- Some people freeze and reheat this meal. I have not tried this yet, but it should work.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: Don’t use spinach (stick to arugula) and tomatoes.