A fruity smoothie that’s very low in calories; yet, it features a good amount of vitamins and minerals. Plus, it also provides higher levels of polyphenols, a micronutrient that can improve or help treat diabetes, digestive, neurodegenerative, and cardiovascular diseases.
Servings 2 servings
- 5 medium strawberries fresh-frozen
- 1 medium organic kiwi fresh or fresh-frozen
- 1 medium ripe banana fresh-frozen
- 1 ¼ cup chopped fresh red apples
Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
Pour into two glasses, serve, and enjoy!
- This recipe is already sweet on its own. However, if you want a sweeter smoothie, feel free to add in a teaspoon of either raw honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- If your fruits are not fresh-frozen, you can simply add ½ to 1 cup of ice cubes to make it refreshingly cold.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg