This Strawberry-Kiwi Smoothie Recipe yields a yummy, nutrient-dense drink that can be enjoyed at any time. Best of all, it’s versatile enough to be consumed as a breakfast bowl, protein shake (with the addition of protein powder), a refreshing drink, and so much more!
Strawberry is a well-loved fruit. Altogether, it’s got the right amount of sweetness and tartness. And, it’s delightfully juicy and hydrating too!
The heart shape of the strawberry seems to be a hint that it’s for the heart. It increases good cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. It also promotes easy digestion and weight loss. And, it prevents diabetes, neurodegenerative disease, and cardiovascular diseases.
But wait, there’s more! There’s still kiwi, which is another rich source of vitamin C and other helpful nutrients. It’s even lauded to have more concentration on immune-boosting and cold-healing compared to oranges. Hence, this can also be your alternative to citrus, especially during your “under-the-weather” days.
- 5 medium strawberries fresh-frozen
- 1 medium organic kiwi fresh or fresh-frozen
- 1 medium ripe banana fresh-frozen
- 1 ¼ cup chopped fresh red apples
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into two glasses, serve, and enjoy!
- This recipe is already sweet on its own. However, if you want a sweeter smoothie, feel free to add in a teaspoon of either raw honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- If your fruits are not fresh-frozen, you can simply add ½ to 1 cup of ice cubes to make it refreshingly cold.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!