Roasted Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe is a great way to incorporate cauliflower into your diet. Besides its many nutritional benefits, it features a smoky and earthy flavor, along with a creamy texture that guarantees to please your taste buds!
Servings 6 servings
For the sauce:
- 1 ea cauliflower head cut into 2-inch florets
- ½ ea onion peeled, cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 ¼ cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
For the pasta:
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles I have yet to find a store bought gluten-free fettuccine pasta that I like, so I usually use this spaghetti instead. I do miss fettuccine, though! Leave a comment below if you know of a good gluten-free store bought gluten-free fettuccine option.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package instructions.
Toss cauliflower and onion with oil, salt, and pepper. Lay them in a shallow baking pan and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
Place the cooled vegetables in a high-powered blender or food processor. Add the milk and cheese, then blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Add nutmeg and simmer until heated through for about 10 minutes.
Toss with fettuccine and garnish with parsley.
- For the gluten-free version of this recipe, simply substitute the pasta with gluten-free fettuccine noodles.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 331mg | Iron: 1mg