Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Fajitas in a skillet in 35 minutes. Best with cast iron skillet. Zesty marinade. Keto, Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, and kid-approved.
Servings 6 people
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs if you're feeling dark
- 1 onion large; sliced into halved 1/4" slices
- 2 Red bell peppers sliced into 1/4" strips, can use green peppers too.
- 1 Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or coconut oil or other high heat oil
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce gluten-free options exist; omit for Keto, whole30 and strict Paleo
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Marinade chicken for at least 6 hours in advance, overnight is ideal.
Preheat a large 12" cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
Add in the oil of choice.
Once simmering, Stir in the peppers and onion slices, coating with oil. Add the pinch of salt over the top. Stir with rests of approximately 1 minute increments between stirs. Keep going until sweet.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Let pan heat up again!!
Add in the marinated chicken slices. Add in marinade also for extra extra zesty. One layer of chicken only or you will be less favorable. Cook more than one batch, if needed.
With all the liquid, it will look like soup at first. Let sit undisturbed for at least 5-6 minutes until chicken pieces begin to char and most of the liquid begins to evaporate. Stir and let sit again (another 5-6 minutes) to brown a bit. Once the liquid has disappeared, just saute a couple more minutes to brown the pieces evenly, and the meat is beginning to crisp and caramelize.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 568mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1802IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg