Spice Rub Grilled Tofu
A great vegan detox recipe for the liver! This recipe uses tofu as your protein and it’s flavored with spices that can be easily found in the market (Or in your pantry!) Serve it with fresh salad and you’ve got a complete meal that’s so yummy and nutritious.
Servings 4 servings
For the Tofu:
- 1 12- oz package extra-firm tofu drained well
- Spice rub recipe below
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the Spice Rub:
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground bay leaf
- ¾ teaspoon tamarind powder
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
Combine all the spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Rub olive oil and spice rub all over the tofu. Let it sit for about 15 minutes for the tofu to absorb the flavors.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. If you don’t have one, you can pan-sear the tofu in a frying pan.
Once the pan is hot, grill or sear the tofu steaks for 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve and enjoy!
- This tofu is best served with fresh arugula salad.
- You can multiply and do a large batch of the spice rub. Store it in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and keep it away from humid places like near the stove, oven, or refrigerator.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: remove paprika and red pepper flakes.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg