Peach and Summer Squash Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
Got some summer squash sitting on the counter? Whip them up with some peaches and you’ll get an irresistibly refreshing and sweet smoothie that’s perfect for battling those summer days! It’s packed with nutrients and flavor that you can’t just resist. Oh, and did I mention it’s high in protein too? Behold!
Servings 2 servings
- ¼ cup frozen peaches
- ¼ cup summer squash chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- Orange segments as needed for garnish
Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and give it a good swirl so that the protein powder is covered in liquid and won’t be flying everywhere.
Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl or glass and garnish with orange segments.
Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 3mg