Grapefruit Green Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
A great recipe to boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite! Oh, did that just indicate that it makes the perfect weight loss smoothie? Indeed! But, on top of that, it’s oozing with a refreshing citrus flavor, along with some mild earthy notes that are so irresistible. Not to mention that it’s high in protein too!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 ea medium grapefruit washed, peeled, seeds removed, reserve juice
- 1 ea large sweet apple cored, skin removed, preferably honey crisp
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 ea ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger peeled, chopped
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, including both the grapefruit and its juice.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- If the mixture is too thick, add water to thin it out. Contrastingly, add more apples or protein powder to make it thicker.
- Be careful when adding more grapefruit juice as it can make this mixture extra sour and bitter.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one. Or, add some raw hemp seeds for some additional protein.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2893IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 3mg