Vegan Ratatouille Pasta
A vegan gluten-free pasta version of a classic recipe. You'll be maximizing the benefits of fresh produce through this Vegan Ratatouille Pasta. Simple and easy to make yet brings out an intense flavorful outcome. Another dinner staple to add in your menu.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 yellow squash (diced)
- 14 oz tomatoes (chopped)
- 480 ml water
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 g gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 tbsp basil (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional - for a cheesy taste)
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onions, garlic, zucchini, and yellow squash. Cook for a few minutes on high heat until lightly browned.
Add the chopped tomatoes, water, vinegar and pasta. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the chopped basil and add salt. Add the nutritional yeast, if using.
Serve and enjoy!
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: remove tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Nutritional yeast shouldn't be added.
- For Fatty Liver Meal Plan, adding eggplant will be both tastier and good for the liver
- Try using chickpea pasta!
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1237mg | Potassium: 1069mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2001IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg