Grandma Kitty's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
As you take the first bite of your Grandma Kitty's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, there is a clear reminder that time itself could stand still and all should be well. This sweet snack is an invitation to embrace America’s favorite recipe. With the aromatic hints of cinnamon and vanilla, you'll get a deep, rich pumpkin flavor combined with delicate notes of semi-sweet chocolate—a perfect balance!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (brown or muscovado)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 29 ounces pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with wax paper.
In a bowl, whisk sugar and butter together. Add in the eggs after butter and sugar are creamed together. Add pumpkin, vanilla, and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool on a rack and serve!
- Make a healthier batch of cookies by using maple syrup or raw honey instead of sugar.
- You can also make a lower sugar version by using Manuka honey instead. You can half the amount of sweetener without compromising the taste. Take note though that honey, like maple syrup, can change the consistency of the cookies.
- Make a lower fat version of these cookies by making use of a combination of Greek yogurt and butter. Instead of using 2 sticks of butter, substitute with 1 stick of butter and 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Make the recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour.
- This indulgent cookie recipe has cinnamon. Thus, it might not be suitable for those on a low histamine diet.