Bake a batch of the best pumpkin pie ever this fall. We know it's your favorite, as well! And one that will take you right to memories of grandma's kitchen in no time at all. The rich taste is perfect for holiday meals or any day on the calendar. Let us prove it to you with this incredible recipe with simple ingredients!
Servings 8 servings
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie shell
Mix pumpkin and spices together. Add remaining filling ingredients.
Mix slowly just until thoroughly mixed and pour into pie shell.
Bake at 425° for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° for an additional 35-40 minutes.
Thoroughly cool pie before slicing and serving.
- You can make a less sugar version of this recipe by using unsweetened coconut cream with a little bit of honey.
- Use homemade coconut cream for a lower histamine recipe.
- The spices in this recipe may not be tolerated by those on a low histamine diet. Nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice can be histamine triggers. But if you can tolerate these spices, you can make the recipe lower in histamine by using butternut squash instead of pumpkin.
- You can make the recipe gluten-free by using almond milk, oat milk, or any gluten-free milk. Then add honey or maple syrup as a sweetener.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 8476IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2mg