Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
If you’re in search of the feeling of the Christmas season, this recipe is all you need. This pumpkin spice smoothie is so creamy and delightful! Best of all, it’s made with fresh vegetables and fruit – a totally guilt-free treat!
Servings 2 servings
- ½ cup pumpkin purée homemade or freshly-prepared
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ medium avocado pitted, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
Pour into two glasses, serve, and enjoy!
- For a vegan beverage, simply replace Greek yogurt with an equal amount of almond or coconut yogurt.
- To make 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée, you'll need about 7 ounces of pumpkin flesh. Check out this video on how to make this purée quickly from scratch:
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 9618IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1mg