Cranberry Spinach Salad
A flavorful and celebratory salad indeed! This recipe showcases a vibrant green and red color, making it perfect to serve during Christmas celebrations. It also features the perfect blend of tang and sweet that’s complemented by a mild kick from the shallots and finishes up with a caramel-like and crunchy goodness of seeds and nuts. A light and refreshing holiday treat that works as a wonderful palate cleanser.
Servings 8 servings
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon shallots finely minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
For the Salad:
- 16 oz baby spinach
- ½ cup sliced almonds toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until homogenous.
In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss in the dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- It’s important to dress the salad right before serving it. Otherwise, you might end up with a soggy salad. Thus, feel free to make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to make and serve the salad.
- For Fatty Liver Meal Plan, modify: Reduce olive oil to 3 tablespoons.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: Use kale or arugula instead of spinach. Replace cranberries with grapes. Avoid using any dried fruit, just fresh ones. Remove white wine vinegar in the dressing recipe.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5317IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2mg