Detox Roasted Pumpkin Soup
A light and simple recipe that will surely warm you up on cold winter days. Not to mention that it’s rich in antioxidants and vitamins that promote good skin, eyesight, and overall immunity. It’s also low in calories which can promote weight loss. Perfect as a vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free alternative too!
Servings 8 servings
- 4 pounds pumpkin sliced into half-moon pieces, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 head garlic peeled and smashed
- 3 1/2 cups water divided
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
Place the pumpkin into a roasting pan (no rack), sprinkle a tablespoon of EVOO, add in the rosemary, and roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool down.
Once the pumpkin is cold enough to handle, remove the skin and cut it into cubes.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of EVOO in a saucepot, then sauté onions and garlic for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add in the baked pumpkin and sauté for another minute or two. Pour in 2 cups of water and bring to a boil with the lid on. Simmer for 8 minutes and set aside to cool down.
Transfer the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Put it back to the pot over medium-low heat and add the remaining 1 1/2 cup of water and unsweetened almond milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- This recipe can be served as a main course or a meal replacement. Simply double the serving size and consider the nutritional information doubled as well.
- You can also multiply this recipe and make it ahead of time. Store them in food-safe containers, freeze, or refrigerate for later consumption.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 825mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 19307IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 2mg