The Heart Beet
An earthy, citrusy-sweet detoxifying beverage that not only shreds off some fat, but also focuses on your cardiovascular system. This drink can lower down your cholesterol level, thereby preventing the risk of heart diseases. The lemons in this recipe also increases your metabolism while the apples reduce bloatedness.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 ea oranges peeled and chopped
- 1 ea medium-sized apple cored and chopped
- 1 ea beetroot peeled and chopped
- 12 ea medium-sized carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 ea lemon
Wash and clean the vegetables and fruits in running water before slicing them into smaller pieces.
Process all the ingredients in the juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
Pour it over a glass filled with ice and serve. Or, chill for later use. Enjoy!
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time, keep them in a glass container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- While it’s okay to juice beets with their skin on, especially since most high-powered juicers can process them, it can give a dirt-like, earthy taste that’s quite unpalatable. Especially, if you’re starting out on a juice diet. Beets are hard to manually peel though, but it’s totally worth the taste when they’re processed skin-off.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don't have one, you may use the blender instead. All you've got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 1756mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 61437IU | Vitamin C: 95mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2mg