All About the Roots Cleanse
This recipe is going to be your best friend when you're feeling sluggish or lethargic! It'll detoxify our body easily by removing any toxins and excess fluids from our system, making us feel lighter and better in no time!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 ea sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 ea beetroot peeled and chopped
- 3 cups carrots equivalent to 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
Wash and clean the vegetables in running water before peeling and slicing them into smaller pieces.
Process all the ingredients in the juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
Serve it in a glass with ice and enjoy!
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time, keep them in a glass container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- While it’s okay to juice beets with their skin on, especially since most high-powered juicers can process them, it can give a dirt-like, earthy taste that’s quite unpalatable. Especially, if you’re starting out on a juice diet. Beets are hard to manually peel though, but it’s totally worth the taste when they’re processed skin-off.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don't have one, you may use the blender instead. All you've got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 1271mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 48135IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg