Carrot and Strawberry Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
Wondering how to sneak in those carrots into something amazingly good? Blend them in with some strawberries and yogurt and you’ll be sure to have a smoothie that’s packed with nutrients and flavor. Add up some protein powder, fresh apples, and flaxseeds and you’ll be getting a kick of protein and fiber in 10 minutes!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup carrot cubes
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh apple cubed
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 scoops strawberry protein powder
- Fresh strawberry slices for garnish
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and swirl the mixture just until the protein powder is covered in liquid so that it won’t be flying everywhere.
Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
Serve and enjoy!
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5346IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 306mg | Iron: 1mg