Banana and Coffee Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
What a great breakfast for all the coffee lovers out there! A smooth and creamy beverage that’s not only refreshingly good, but also packed with weight loss, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties to get you going through the rest of the day!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup brewed coffee homemade
- 1 ea medium-size banana cut into chunks
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon Stevia zero liquid sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 6 ea ice cubes
- You can freeze bananas ahead of time. Thus, instead of buying new ones for this recipe, just get some of those from the freezer. If using a frozen banana though, reduce the amount of ice cubes to half.
- If you have some leftover coffee, don’t throw them away. Instead, chill them in the refrigerator and use them for this recipe the next day.
- You can add a scoop or two of your favorite protein powder to this recipe.
- For the vegan version, replace Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 1mg