Strawberry and Basil Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
A great recipe to make use of that basil! Combining herbs with fruits seems to be unpleasant but mixing basil with fresh strawberries is just surprisingly good! Its sweet and herby flavor just complement the rich and creamy texture of Greek yogurt and almond milk. Did we mention that it’s rich in protein too? Brace yourselves, folks. This is simply delectable!
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 scoops strawberry or vanilla protein powder
Wash and pat dry the basil leaves.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Gently swirl the mixture until the protein powder is covered in liquid.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- You may add a tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds to amp up some fiber.
- If your fruits aren’t frozen, simply add ice to thicken up your smoothie. Otherwise, if it’s too thick, you may add up some water or a little bit more milk.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one, and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 328mg | Iron: 1mg