Baked Chicken Shawarma with Sweet Potato Fries Bowl
Middle East meets West. Easy meal prep meal. Freeze chicken. Keep yogurt and toppings in fridge. Gluten-free, Nut-free, Keto, Paleo, and Whole30.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ⅓ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- ⅔ tablespoon honey
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons kosher salt and pepper
- 1 juice of 2 lemons
- 2 ⅔ cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes warning: can be spicy!
- 3 ⅓ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ⅓ sweet potatoes cut into matchsticks
- ⅔ bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 ⅔ cups cooked couscous or quinoa low-carb substitute = cauliflower rice
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives and oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained
Recommended Toppings (choose some or all, per serving)
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- ⅓ avocado
- ¼ cucumber sliced
- 1 tbsp pickled red onions
- 1 tbsp pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
Garlic Tahini Yogurt
- ⅔ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 ⅓ tablespoons tahini
- ⅔ -1⅓ cloves garlic minced or grated
In 1 gallon size zip-lock bag, combine: chicken, honey, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to combine. Seal and chill for 30 minutes; ideally for 12 hours.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place sweet potatoes on large baking sheet. Drizzle on olive oil and add salt and pepper.Bake 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more.
Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle on olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Place the marinated chicken on a large baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Garlic Tahini Yogurt
Before serving, warm each bowl if desired and top with garlic yogurt (see below) and your desired toppings.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Meal Prepping: Cooked food refrigerates or freezes well, depending on desired duration until you plan to eat them. Yogurt does not freeze well, so plan accordingly. Add yogurt after re-heating.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Calories: 866kcal | Carbohydrates: 114g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Potassium: 1139mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11126IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 3mg