This Vegan Almond Butter Ice Cream Recipe is definitely a must-try! Enjoy the best of almonds as it calls for almond milk, almond butter, and almond extract. This very “almondy” combination, when sweetened with dates and/or naturally sweet dried fruits, creates a surprisingly delish mixture!
Almonds are known to provide lots of healthy fats. But did you know they also contain lots of fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E? Thus, not only that it reduces blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, and cholesterol levels, but it also reduces hunger, promoting weight loss! It’s good for the skin too!
Besides, this recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare! You will need a high-powered blender to craft this delight, though. This best blender for frozen drinks might be handy; but, if you’re in search of one that can double as a food processor, this guide suits you best. So, without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your family will surely love! Enjoy!
Vegan Almond Butter Ice Cream
- 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup soft dates pitted
- 1 cup creamy natural almond butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon raw ground vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried fruits cherries, dates, and/or apricots are so good!
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Place all ice cream ingredients in a high-powered blender and pulse until the mixture is smooth and homogenous. Throw in the add-ins and process a few more times to mix them through.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container. Cover and place in the freezer until firm, about 5 to 6 hours.
- To serve, thaw out the ice cream first on the counter for a few minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
- Keep in mind that every time you thaw ice cream, ice crystals form. Thus, it might be a good idea to portion your ice cream into individual servings so you won’t have to thaw the whole batch every time. Otherwise, if freezer space would be an issue, you may store your ice cream in a large container but just make sure to wipe the lid, especially underneath it, so it doesn’t form and drop ice crystals into the ice cream.
Love this recipe? Share your experience in the comments section below.