Tommy’s Turkey Taco Bowls
Tommy's turkey taco bowls with corn, pico de gallo and brown rice are simple, but filling. Gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, keto, palleo, and Whole30 options.
Servings 4 servings
- 3/4 cup brown rice substitute quinoa or cauliflower rice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lime zested
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey can substitute beef or chicken
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz corn drained; try diced broccoli if you want a substitute
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper ~15 cranks
- Cook brown rice, quinoa, or [for low-carb option] cauliflower rice according to directions. Add lime for zest. Allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
- Cook ground turkey over medium heat, breaking it up with a spatula, until no longer pink (approx 10 minutes).
- Add seasonings and water to meat, then stir and simmer for a couple of minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
- Combine all salsa ingredients and toss together.
- To assemble lunch bowls, divide ingredients evenly between four 2-cup capacity meal prep containers.
- If you plan to warm these bowls up before serving, you may want to store the pico de gallo separate until after warming the rest of the ingredients up.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1847IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 4mg