The Expressway Recipe is all you need to fast-track your weight loss journey!
If you’re an avid reader of our website, you’re probably aware already that apples are home to many fat-burning benefits. But, did you know that they’re also a potent natural laxative?
Indeed! And the best part is, their laxative properties are known to multiply when mixed with vegetables, which explains the presence of spinach, celery, and kale in this mix.
You can use this to regulate your bodily functions with incredible ease, and having regular bowel movements helps your body break down the relevant nutrients and minerals more effectively.
For only 251 calories, you’ll get 12 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein, along with almost 12,000 IU of vitamin A – This is a highly nutritious drink right here! On top of that, it also provides moderate amounts of vitamin C, potassium, and calcium, among others.
Anyhow, it’s not only a healthy juice but it is also a good way to prevent stomach problems such as bloatedness, constipation, and even gastritis. So, whether you wanted to fast-track your weight loss, or perhaps, you wanted to feel light because of that ‘can’t say no’ buffet last night, try this Expressway Recipe!
- 4 ea medium-sized apples cored and chopped
- 2 ea kale leaves
- 1 ea lime halved
- 4 cups spinach
- 3 ea celery stalks
- Wash and clean the fruits and vegetables in running water before slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Process all the ingredients in a juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to garnish the final blend with freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon wedges for added zing.
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don’t have one, you may use the blender instead. All you’ve got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Did you try this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comment section down below!