Can’t control your anger lately? Relax and chill with The Chill Pill Recipe!
No pun intended, though. During periods of anger and/or stress, our blood pressure rises. And if that becomes recurring, it can lead to heart disease.
While it can be extremely challenging to control these events, we can perhaps control our blood pressure instead.
This Chill Pill Recipe is known to lower down our blood pressure while simultaneously helping us lose weight as well. This is also one of those drinks that can be consumed at any time of the day for an instant refreshing effect.
For only 224 calories, you’ll get 10 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein, along with excellent amounts of vitamins A and C, potassium, and calcium, among others.
The use of kale as an ingredient helps keep the calorie count low, while the combination of kale and lemon is known to aid the fat-burning process. Celery is yet another vital ingredient in this mix and is a crucial element in lowering your blood pressure.
However, the benefits don’t stop there.
Oh, this juice promotes hydration, aids indigestion, prevents kidney stones, and supports healthy skin, hair, and bones. Not to mention that it makes a great breath freshener too!
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your juicing buddies will surely love.
The Chill Pill
- 2 ea celery stalks
- 1 ea cucumber
- 2 ea medium-sized apples cored, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups kale
- 1/2 ea lemon
- 1 handful parsley
- 2 ea oranges halved
- Wash and clean the vegetables and fruits in running water before slicing them into small pieces.
- Process all the ingredients in the juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
- Serve it in a glass with ice, topped with a slice of lemon if desired, and enjoy!
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time, keep them in a glass container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don’t have one, you may use the blender instead. All you’ve got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Did you try this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comment section down below!