Why are smoothies more satisfying right after hitting the gym? If this is also your question, you’re on the right page.
When you work out, you tend to get dehydrated. You’re tired and your muscles are worn out, which is why you might’ve heard a lot of stories about some folks hitting the buffet table right after a workout. However, that doesn’t make sense at all, unless you’re trying to gain weight. This Superfruit Smoothie recipe will elevate your recovery level after hitting the gym.
The smoothie will not only give you a refreshing fruity taste but it’ll also provide tons of antioxidants that will surely help you in your weight loss journey. Oh, did I mention that they also have anti-aging benefits? Cool!
Although a single serving of this recipe only provides 2 grams of protein, it gives 7 grams of fiber and a considerable amount of potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium. But, you can always add some Greek yogurt to increase the protein content of this recipe, especially if you just did strength training. Protein not only makes you feel fuller but also helps repair those worn-out muscles.
Without further ado, here’s the Superfruit Smoothie Recipe that y’all will surely love.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup cherries preferably fresh-frozen
- ½ cup raspberries preferably fresh-frozen
- 1 piece kiwi peeled and chopped (reserve 2 slices for garnish)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves reserve some for garnish
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with kiwi and mint leaves, serve, and enjoy!
- Add Greek yogurt for more protein.
Did you make this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below!