This Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream Recipe has the potential to make you forget all those strawberry ice cream you’ve had in the past.
Strawberries are full of antioxidants. It is worthy of being one of the superfood titleholders. However, some of us may have a love and hate relationship with ordinary strawberry ice cream.
They could be sinfully sweet but we will always love strawberries. It’s great that there are ice creams out there that have bits of the actual strawberry fruit. The caveat is that, we don’t always know what else is there.
To give some redemption on strawberries being a great, delectable dessert, we’re sharing this really easy Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream Recipe.
You may ask again, “Can I make something that good and healthy from scratch?” Indeed. With just 5 common ingredients, 10 minutes of your time, and a good food processor or blender, you can whip up this magical, nutritious frozen treat. Because of these, we wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes part of your daily menu. Enjoy!
Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream
- 2 cups frozen bananas sliced
- 2 cup frozen strawberries sliced
- 6 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Pulse together frozen bananas and strawberries in a food processor. Add protein powder and vanilla extract then pulse again.
- Crank up the machine to high and add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is well-blended and smooth.
- Serve and enjoy! Or, transfer to a container (I use a parchment paper-lined loaf pan) and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Feel free to substitute protein powder with an equal amount of non-fat Greek yogurt for a healthier and more natural blend.
Did you make this recipe? Share with us your experience in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!